Weight loss, even in a moderate amount, can have many health benefits. In fact, studies have proven that weight loss may have up to ten years worth of health benefits, according to a report by U.S. News & World Report. The study included 3,000 people who underwent various weight management programs. The result of the participants’ weight loss, showed significant health benefits. These benefits included, but were not limited to: reduction in diabetes risk, increased energy and reduction in blood pressure.
Since the health benefits of undergoing weight loss are substantial, it’s no wonder so many people try different diet programs. From the South Beach diet, to the Infrared Body Wrap, to the planned menu diet, to the Virtual Lap Band, losing weight comes in a variety of approaches.
Methods of Weight Loss
Studies show that nearly regardless of the diet program people choose, if followed as directed, undergo moderate to substantial weight loss. However, a common thread in most diets is not only watching what you eat, but exercise. And for residents living here in Lake Mary, there are many opportunities for exercise and weight loss. Because central Florida basks in sunshine most of the year, outdoor activities abound in Lake Mary. If you choose not to exercise and want to lose weight, then perhaps our Formostar Infrared Body Wrap is for you.
Jogging, bicycling, kayaking, hiking, tennis, walking and swimming are just some of the many exercise options available in Lake Mary. Combined with a smart diet, infrared body wrap and weight loss laser, weight loss can be an easy undertaking.
The Health Benefits of Weight Loss
There are six significant health benefits scientifically demonstrated with weight loss, according to the Mayo Clinic. From better sleep to better sex, when you lose weight, you get the following health benefits:
- Weight loss means a better night’s sleep. By exercising, you not only incur weight loss, but also have the added health benefit of sleeping more soundly through the night.
- Better sex. Weight loss not only gives you more energy, it increases self esteem and physical appearance.
- Having more fun. Another health benefit associated with weight loss, is reduced stress and that leads to increased enjoyment of participating in more activities.
- Better moods. Undergoing weight loss might seem like it will make you more “moody”, but actually a bit of exercise helps to improve your mood.
- Increased energy levels. With weight loss, there are ancillary health benefits, and a good diet with regular exercise means more energy to easily get through the day.
- Health benefits. People who lose weight are less likely to suffer from diabetes, heart disease, sleep apnea, high blood pressure, some types of cancer, osteoarthritis, gallbladder disease and many other health benefits.
To learn how much weight loss
you should strive for, use this chart
provided by the U.S. National Institute of Health. with a little bit of exercise and controlled diet, weight loss
Call HLC Wellness at 407-833-3800 to speak to one of our representatives about our many options for weight loss in Lake Mary.